Friday, July 10, 2009

Bret's graduation and Jackson's graduation


This was Kai on the drive home from Arizona, he fell asleep while he ate his PBJ.

These pictures should be in reverse order, but this is Bret recieving his gift from the Pearce and Fobert families, a super nice watch. Engraven on the back is "For the hands of a healer, Dr. Bret Pearce."


Kalea and Cole

Bret's kids, Cole and Kyle and Ellie with Kai

Enjoying a celebration lunch at Macayo's in AZ

Me and big brother Bret after his medical school graduation and captain commissioning in the Army. Doesn't he look handsome in his spiffy uniform? Dr. Pearce! Wow!


Dallin saluting his dad, so cute

I did not get very good pictures of Jackson's graduation...but here's a few glimpses I guess. He was so cute, announcing that when he grew up he was going to be a "builder." That surprised Tom and I, I thought he might say a basketball player or something. But "builder" is a very vague title. He could be a builder of the Kingdom, a builder of humanity, a builder of buildings, a builder of new ideas, a builder of science, oh the possibilities...

(Stupid projector was in the way, and the parents were jammed in there like cattle.) Jackson had a great year in Kindergarten. He loved it. His teacher hand picked his teacher for next year so he could be in a special gifted group. His little brain is amazing! His teacher always told us that he was the best kid in class (I'm bragging I know, but it's true) and that her only challenge with him was challenging him! He also made a real close group of friends. I'm so proud of my Jackie Boy!

4 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

That's really neat you could be there for your brother's graduation. How nice to have a doctor in the family!!!

Jody said...

I am totally crying right now. I love/hate catching up on your blog because it makes me miss you with a red hot burning intensity...sounds like a medical problem...maybe Bret could help us out with that sometime. Sorry, it's late. (Kudos to Bret, by the way!!!!)

We are wishing you guys were here at the coast with us. You would definitely liven it up. Not that a little R & R isn't good...but nobody has laughed until they peed their pants yet or anything. That's where you guys would come in.
Love all the pics: the house, the kids, you, Tom, all of it!! I especially appreciated your sentiment on Mother's Day. I need to enjoy holding the sticky little hands more and put away my blasted hand sanitizer!
Okay, I could go on all night but I should really stop there. We need to talk and get a little family rendezvous planned. You name the time and place...

Jody said...

P.S. He was chewing gum and took a shower after he got a haircut!!!!! :) Aaaahhhhh, memories....

Kelly Evanson said...

how neat that your family went to bret's graduation. i am sure bret loved that. med school was a long journey and it always nice to have family support!