Friday, February 5, 2010

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

That's right, we had our ultrasound, I saw it myself, it is a girl! Kalea will get her sister that she has wanted so badly! For those that didn't know, we took the home test that you can buy at Walgreens, that is supposed to be 90% accurate, and it told us several weeks ago that it was a boy. So we were just expecting to have that confirmed and see all the body parts. But when I saw it I said, "Is it a girl?" And the tech said "It is definitely a girl." I started crying, I was so happy. Kalea did too. I was just fine with having a boy, just so ya'll know, but deep down I wanted a girl so Kalea could have a sister and we could definitely feel good about having our family be complete! Thank you to everyone that "thought pink" for us!

13 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

Congrats Tom and Mandi. That is so exciting!!!

Jody said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I seriously can't stop smiling about it! I feel like it's me or something.

I finally got around to commenting on your ID post. And someday I will get it caught up on my blog. :)

Mel said...

I am so thrilled! I think everyone needs a brother AND a sister, so that is good news. Some how it didn't work out that way for us. Maybe I should have gone for 5 to get my other boy. Too late now! CONGRATS!

Gigi said...

All of us in Virginia are excited for you. Wow, you are going to have your hands full. It's great having them close....They'll have so much fun together as they grow up and especially as they enter H.S.

Thank goodness your Mom is such wonderful help. Wish I was closer to help Jamie...Love you'al

Danelle said...

I totally teared up when Pam told me the news! We're so so happy for you! Thanks for the b-day message for Eli. The kids thought it was hysterical! We've listened to it several times and can't bring ourselves to delete it yet. Sariah cracked up at Tom! Love you guys and miss you tons.

Jean McKendrick said...

How exciting!! Do you have all your baby girl clothes saves??

Harn's said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys and a girl how much fun for her since now she will have bigger brothers to protect her and a sister to do her hair and dress her up! Can't wait to see what she's going to look like.

Harn's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brooke said...

congrats! I am so excited for you!

Veronica said...

that is so exciting! i am so happy for you :)

fijiangirl said...

Congratulations! very exciting!

Kelly Evanson said...

congrats! we are so so excited for you. i hope i can feel the same way eventually that my family is "complete" with a little girl some day!!! we miss you. congrats again. hope you are feeling good!!!

Arianne Pearce said...

That is great news! We are so happy for you guys!