Monday, June 1, 2009

Kalea's Baptism


We didn't want Meilani to leave!

Kalea with Nana and Papa and the traditional comforter Nana makes for each one of the grandkids. Hers had little girls playing sports on it, and it has her name and baptism date on it. It is so perfect for her!
(above) Kalea with Mutti (Tom's mom) receiving a mini hymn book from Mimmie and Tompa (Tom's grandparents) and her own scriptures with her name on them from Mutti and Abba.

Tom's parents, Danelle, and Meilani
(below) Our fam...minus Jett, he was asleep!

Kalea's baptism was so great. We walked into the room to get it set up and there was Auntie Danelle and Meilani, Kalea's cousin from California that's 3 months older. They didn't tell us they were coming, it was the greatest surprise! Tom's parents came too and most of my family, as well as several friends in our ward. It was a great show of support for her and us. I can't believe my Kalea is growing up so fast. We are so proud of her!
The girl cousins

Meilani gave Kalea a "bff" necklace that they both have a piece to. They are so cute together.

12 comments:

Mel said...

WOW! I can't believe she is that old already. She looks so grown up. What a great day for her and your family.

Scott & Tami said...

Oh my goodness....I remember her first birthday....or was it her second...anyways, I can't believe she is 8 now...that is so crazy. You have such beautiful kids.

Jean McKendrick said...

Congratulations! She looks beautiful. What a special day for her and you. That's so cool you had surprise family for the baptism.

Ashli Paynter said...

So cute.I love her dress. She is so adorable.It was so fun to see you and your cute kids. Hope to see you soon.

Kelly Evanson said...

wow, can't believe your oldest got baptized. i loved all the personalized things she got. what a neat experience. loved all the updates! can't believe that happened to you too with the baby's foot. that is amazing! i am doing much better the second week!

The Shoemate's said...

congrats!!!! i really loved your post. Was Tom able to baptize her?

The Shoemate's said...

Mandi, I need your help. We were discussing religion at work. One of my co-workers is a fairly new convert to LDS. A couple people were grilling him on the mentioning of the 144,000. I remember something about this number from classes but didnt know the what it had refered to exactly. Do you have any insight? If you have specific scriptures, that I could pass onto him it would be great. I hate when people assume they know what a religion is about or what their scriptures talk about but they themselves are not of that religion, have not studied it and speak of erroneaous things.

Jody said...

Congrats Kalea! I wish we could've been there for her big day. Her dress is so cute and she looks beautiful!
I love the birthday pics, too. I can't believe Jackie boy is already 6. Well, I guess I can, since he's the same age as Braden...but doesn't it seem crazy to you that they are that old? And I can't believe how big Jett is looking in the pictures. He's SO stinking cute!! Definitely going to have to hook him and Halle up...
Miss you!! We need to plan our next vacay together!!

Jody said...

Oh, I forgot that I was supposed to have you pass a message along to Tom. Kevin was looking at your blog with me yesterday and noticed Tom's shirt in the Easter egg coloring pictures. He's not real happy with Tom right now... I think he's pretty hurt that his BFF would be so disloyal to him. I think it's going to take some time for Tom to win back his trust...

JKLCP said...

What a cute family you have!

Unknown said...

Hi Forbert Family,
Don't know if you remember us...Jake and Michelle Hinckley from Hawaii? I hope you don't mind I hoped on your blog after seeing you on the Basalusalu's blog. You and your children are beautiful!

brooke said...

Hey! I will be home on June 7th for about a week! If you are not busy, I would love to see you!