Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Infamous Incline

The people that I work out with at Boot Camp told me about The Incline in Manitou Springs and I've been anxious to do it for a while. The first time they went I sprained my ankle the day before playing tag at boot camp, yes, tag. (And I dislocated my pinky playing dodge ball. I love people's faces when I tell them how I've injured myself.) So when they went again I was excited. (Notice the black ankle brace.) This first picture was at the end of the Barr Trail that I ran down after climbing up the incline. Tom had an office picnic at Heritage Square that I promised him I would be home in time for, so the run down was necessary and awesome all at the same time.Here is the Cog Railroad going up Pikes Peak. This was one of our favorite things we did in the Springs.
I made it! It was super hard but amazing. I was the first one up from our group. The next one came up about 5-10 minutes after me. I was deemed a "mountain goat" by the group. Hey, I was in a time crunch. I made it in about 50 minutes. I had some random guy take this picture.

Some views...













The bottom, looking up...burning thighs here we come...

It really is an amazing hike. Beautiful, great workout, it is a must do!


No comments: